Disqus for EPiServer 8 is available.
- Disqus comments 1.2.0 add-ons are compatible with EPiServer CMS 8.
- Packages can be installed from Visual Studio. Also add-ons are available in the Add-on Store (Third Party section).
EPiServer CMS 8 and later version.
MVC and WebForms sites are supported.
Installing add-ons from Visual Studio
Starting from this version, Disqus for EPiServer packages can be installed from Visual Studio.
Make sure http://nuget.episerver.com/feed/packages.svc/ is added as a NuGet source and episerver.packaging@installationMode is set to Code in web.config. See details in developer guide.
You can find packages by searching for “disqus”.
Add-ons are installed under /modules site directory. Disqus comments configuration UI add-on is deployed under /modules/_protected sub-folder since it is protected add-on and should be accessed only by the authorized users within WebEditors or WebAdmins roles by default.
Upgrading Disqus add-ons to version 1.2.0
First of all, upgrade website to EPiServer 8.
Upgrading add-ons from Visual Studio
- Make sure installationMode is set to Code: <episerver.packaging installationMode=”Code”>
- If the installationMode was set to UI you need to run the cmdlet Convert-EPiAddons in the Package Manager Console, it will convert any existing add-ons installed via UI to Visual Studio format.
- Remove Duk.EPiServer.Disqus.* assemblies in /bin and /modulesbin directories. Remove /modules/Duk.EPiServer.Disqus and /modules/_protected/Duk.EPiServer.Disqus.UI folders.
- Make sure http://nuget.episerver.com/feed/packages.svc/ is added as a NuGet source in Visual Studio.
- Install Disqus comments 1.2.0 packages via Visual Studio. Overwrite all existing files in Disqus add-on folders if asked.
Upgrading add-ons from the user interface
- Make sure installationMode is set to UI: <episerver.packaging installationMode=”UI”>
- To install add-on packages, the user needs to be a member of the PackagingAdmins user group, and must have access to the EPiServer UI.
- Navigate to Add-ons in global navigation menu and update Disqus comments add-ons in Updates section.
Please refer documentation on the project page.
Source code is available on GitHub. Feel free to report issues, ask questions and share any feedback.